Home » Audio » Radio » Unknown RCA Victor Wood Table Radio, need model!
Unknown RCA Victor Wood Table Radio, need model! [message #25816] Sat, 01 April 2006 18:25 Go to next message
kb9snl is currently offline  kb9snl
Esquire

This radio was found at a local farm auction for $1 in 2003. It is an RCA Victor, model unknown. I have it disassembled now. As rough as it is (one side of the cabinet is completely detached), the chassis is still somewhat functional, on AM only. It does include shortwave as well.

What I am looking for is a model, or even a similar radio. Has anyone ever seen this particular radio in the wild, or even one with the same cabinet design? I've run across radios with the same knobs in photos today. I've spent almost 2 hours going through websites, and even eBay, looking for a photo of this model of RCA Victor radio.
More info is availiable at my website, www.backwoodrealm.com

Anyone have any ideas on this one?
~Tim

Re: Unknown RCA Victor Wood Table Radio, need model! [message #25817 is a reply to message #25816] Mon, 03 April 2006 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll look around, see if I can dig something up. Sure looks like a cool radio! You say AM works, but maybe not shortwave. Have you connected a long wire antenna? Usually shortwave reception is poor unless you connect an external antenna.

Re: Unknown RCA Victor Wood Table Radio, need model! [message #25818 is a reply to message #25817] Mon, 03 April 2006 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I did in fact connect one of my 160-meter longwires from my ham gear...no white noise or anything. It may just be the selector switch, the volume pot is pretty much dead, too...all or nothing on the volume. But there's plenty of hope for it, nevertheless. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Unknown RCA Victor Wood Table Radio, need model! [message #25856 is a reply to message #25816] Thu, 29 June 2006 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill is currently offline  Bill
Chancellor
HI, The RCA that you have is model number T63. Chassis number RC-472F. It has a power rating of 4.5 watts maxium and 2.5 watts undistorted power. This information came from RCA Victor Service Data Volume 1938-1942. Your radio was probably made around 1940.
Feel free to email me for more info.
Bill

Re: Unknown RCA Victor Wood Table Radio, need model! [message #25860 is a reply to message #25856] Sat, 01 July 2006 10:05 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thanks for the information! I'd been hunting it for some time. I hoped this forum would eventually give me the results, and it did. Are there any other similar models, or others that used this chassis?

Previous Topic: GE Sepaker Wanted
Next Topic: Airline radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout