Home » Audio » Radio » Airline Floor Model
Airline Floor Model [message #25791] Tue, 21 February 2006 14:15 Go to next message
Rachel Brown is currently offline  Rachel Brown
Esquire
My Grandmother gave me an Airline floor model radio with phonograph. She never said when she purchased it or when it was made. There are several numbers on the back and inside where the tubes are. The model # on hte cabinet is 62-2715 and the model on the sticker where the chasis is housed is 84BR-2715. It has another sticker inside where the chasis is housed that says it uses inventions of the United States from Radio Corporation of America. Yet another sticker on the chasis says when ordering parts use model # 84BR-2715B. All the tubes appear to be there, chasis is in good shape. No speaker though. Turntable says it has automatic record changer. Any ideas about this one?

Re: Airline Floor Model [message #25792 is a reply to message #25791] Tue, 21 February 2006 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Montgomery Ward Airline radios are hard to pin down as to date of manufacture. But since they used OEM chassis, you can almost always find a schematic from another manufacturer like RCA. Are you planning to restore it or are you just curious?

Re: Airline Floor Model [message #25793 is a reply to message #25792] Tue, 21 February 2006 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rachel Brown is currently offline  Rachel Brown
Esquire
I would like to eventually restore it, but mostly just curious to when it came from. The finish is in sad shape and the original knobs are missing. My Mother said she remembers it always being around and that they used it for an aquarium stand, which explains the finish. Do you know of any sites where I could get an idea of when it was made? I have been on several and have seen it's model #, but no pictures and no history on it.

Re: Airline Floor Model [message #25794 is a reply to message #25793] Wed, 22 February 2006 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What I would do is to try and identify the chassis, or perhaps a near match. The chassis was probably made by a company like RCA, and you'll probably be able to date it by its tubes and layout. If you tell me what tubes are in it, I'll look through my schematics and see what I can find. It would also be helpful to have a photo of the chassis or a diagram of its layout.

Re: Airline Floor Model [message #25822 is a reply to message #25791] Mon, 24 April 2006 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Garnitz is currently offline  Dan Garnitz
Esquire
Sounds like the same one I have... The one I have is a 1949 if that helps any....

Re: Airline Floor Model [message #79921 is a reply to message #25791] Mon, 05 May 2014 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mcollier1959 is currently offline  mcollier1959
Esquire
I recently have come into possesion of an old Montgomery Ward Airline radio Model GSS 2715 G48. I have been asked by the owner to help them sell it. I am not sure of its worth but they are the original owners. It was bought back on August 28, 1948. It is in excellent condition. Sorry, I did not wipe off any of the dust before I took the picture.

If you have any information on this radio and even better, how much I should ask for it, please email me.

Mark
Re: Airline Floor Model [message #80081 is a reply to message #79921] Thu, 12 June 2014 22:37 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi on the turntable part...try vinlyengine.com That forum is aimed at record players and turntables. I believe that there is a similar one on vintage radio gear but don't offhand have the ID for it. A web search ought to bring some results.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Radio is dead
Next Topic: Radio interviews
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:22:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers