Home » Audio » Radio » RCA 7-fh-5
RCA 7-fh-5 [message #25783] Thu, 26 January 2006 21:03 Go to next message
Ross Rakoff is currently offline  Ross Rakoff
Chancellor
Sorry, no picks since this new digital camera doesn't work. I picked up a large RCA 7-FH-5 from someone who posted it on craigslist, but it didn't completly work even though the guy said it did. Its really fantastic and has these crazy metal legs, it only has a few scratches on the wood, but most of the luster is great. I'm pretty sure some of the parts have been replaced because you need to turn all the volume nobs up to hear the music probably because the speakers have the wrong ohms like 8. The main problem with the player which I'm pretty sure is the main problem with the player is the wheel inside under turntable it hits the side of the wall but all the other things that turn it move fine. By toying with it I've had little glimpses of heaven as I see all the automatic functions start to function the right way, but I really know nothing about audio repair though I'd love to learn. I would appreaciate some help on how to fix this gorgeous machine that I got for only $30.

-Ross

Re: RCA 7-fh-5 [message #25784 is a reply to message #25783] Fri, 27 January 2006 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The small rubber wheel is called an idler wheel. Does it turn when the record player is turned on?

Re: RCA 7-fh-5 [message #25785 is a reply to message #25784] Fri, 27 January 2006 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
The Wheel turns if I pull it was from the wall as long as it isn't pulled too far away from the other things that turn it. There's four other speed things that get turn by one main propellor when you change the speeds as I'm sure you know. I tried cleaning it the idler wheel and the other spinning parts but since the idler wheel is against the side of whats under the turntable. Then I tried greasing the wheel but the it wouldn't even spin the idler wheel since it couldn't get a grip. What I haven't been able to do is get under the idler wheel and give grease to the spindle it spins on. Even though it hits the wall inside it can spin a bit but inconsistently at 78 speed, but I got 33's like most people and I like to hear them at their appropraite speeds. For a blip I got the automatic functions to go right, but mostly what happens is the arm goes left a bit and then it goes back and tries again or just shuts off. Please be my hero like you have for so many.
-Ross

Re: RCA 7-fh-5 [message #25786 is a reply to message #25785] Fri, 27 January 2006 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Sorry, about my typing, just ignore the first was in the first second. I might have made more typos. From now on I will thouroughly preview or spell check it in Microsoft word and then paste it. I appologize for any other typos I may have made.
-Ross

Re: RCA 7-fh-5 [message #25787 is a reply to message #25786] Fri, 27 January 2006 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I dunno. Cleaning it may help, but you may have a bad motor.

Re: RCA 7-fh-5 [message #25788 is a reply to message #25787] Fri, 27 January 2006 19:44 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Oh well, I'm pretty sure its not the motor. I've already tried cleaning it. Thanks for trying.
-Ross

Previous Topic: Airline floor model
Next Topic: IF Transformer Woes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:44:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers