Home » Audio » Radio » Airline floor model
Airline floor model [message #25779] Fri, 13 January 2006 23:48 Go to next message
LuLu is currently offline  LuLu
Esquire
I recently inherited this floor model radio, and I'm trying to find out about it. Can anyone help me?
The numbers I got off from a sticker in the case are as follows:
Form 647J
WG24
Series 00B
It's in really good shape, but I have no idea if in works. I am really interested in the year it was made.

Re: Airline floor model [message #25780 is a reply to message #25779] Sat, 14 January 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Airlines were sold by Mongomery Ward, and were made by several OEMs. So that makes them somewhat difficult to track down sometimes. Post a photo if you can, and let me know what tubes were used. That will help identify it. Have you pluged it in and turned it on? Does it play? Do the tubes glow?

Re: Airline floor model [message #25781 is a reply to message #25780] Wed, 18 January 2006 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuLu is currently offline  LuLu
Esquire
I am trying to figure out what tubes it uses...how can I tell?

Re: Airline floor model [message #25782 is a reply to message #25781] Wed, 18 January 2006 20:39 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You'll just have to look inside and see. The tubes are labeled, so read the lettering on them. Old tube radios are made to be serviced by the user, at least in the sense that tube replacement is made fairly easy. It's kind of like changing light bulbs.

Previous Topic: Picked up a Radiola 82. Works great!
Next Topic: RCA 7-fh-5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:22:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout