Home » Audio » Radio » Airline 62-264 radio ?
Airline 62-264 radio ? [message #25770] Fri, 04 November 2005 19:06 Go to next message
Pat Hickman is currently offline  Pat Hickman
Esquire
I have just purchased this model I'm not familiar with it I wonder if anyone knows is this a farm type model to be run on 6 volt batt's. the tubes all start with a 1 I assume this means one volt fillaments. The unit may have been modified I'm not sure as I have seen a few old pictures on line of the cahssis and it appears they have a ceramic socket by the right rear of the chassis is this for a current regulating light bulb?. Mine has a transformer in this area I wonder if it has been worked on to be now operated on 110 vac?

Thanks for any history or information on this unit. The wood case in in pertty good shape and the chassis has no rust. the tuning eye tube is missing

Thanks, Pat-

Re: Airline 62-264 radio ? [message #25771 is a reply to message #25770] Sat, 05 November 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, that's cool. Montgomery Ward radios are notoriously hard to get information on because they used OEM suppliers. But you can sometimes find a schematic of the OEM chassis or at least something pretty close if you look hard enough. Does the radio work?

Re: Airline 62-264 radio ? [message #25772 is a reply to message #25771] Sat, 05 November 2005 11:34 Go to previous message
Pat Hickman is currently offline  Pat Hickman
Esquire
I'm not sure if it works as I was uncertain if it would take 110vac or 6 vdc, I thnik i will pop it out and check the transformer and see if has been modified for 110 use. Thnaks for the reply

Take care, Pat-

Previous Topic: mcs 3275
Next Topic: Stewart Warner 11-8D
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:08:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers