Home » Audio » Radio » General Electric Wooden Radio Grill
General Electric Wooden Radio Grill [message #25758] Tue, 20 September 2005 12:53 Go to next message
Piratetc is currently offline  Piratetc
Esquire
I am looking for the wooden grill for a GE Model 221 AM/SW table radio (Mfg. date is 1946 or 1947). On the radio I have it has been damaged beyond repair. I have found new grill cloth that matches the existing, but am not able to locate the wooden grill that it goes on.
Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Re: General Electric Wooden Radio Grill [message #25759 is a reply to message #25758] Tue, 20 September 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Does enough of the wood remain to know a likeness? If so, I'd probably suggest having a skilled woodcraftsman recreate it. It won't be cheap, but I think it will be hard to find a replacement in good shape so making one may be your best solution.

Re: General Electric Wooden Radio Grill [message #25760 is a reply to message #25759] Tue, 20 September 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piratetc is currently offline  Piratetc
Esquire
Wayne,

I have already contacted a craftsman and he will make me one in his spare time. As you stated it is not cheap. Also, I found a internet site where you can have one machined (various types of wood or metal). It is: emachineshop.com The have a CAD program that you can download and design it yourself. I have some CAD experience, but the progam is very simple to use even if you are a beginner and you can contact them for help in desiging parts. The only problem in ordering just one is the cost as they have to deal with machine set up. The craftsman is a little under 1/2 the price of the internet site, that is if you are only having one made. If you would order two pieces the price only increases several dollars...the more you order the less expensive it becomes. But, it is a great site for custom made parts, wood or metal.

Re: General Electric Wooden Radio Grill [message #25761 is a reply to message #25760] Tue, 20 September 2005 16:26 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Great link, thanks! I have a part I'd like to have them bid right now, so I'll give them a try.

Previous Topic: Clinton Radio Schematics
Next Topic: Ward Airline 62-479
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:46:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout