Home » Audio » Radio » ? re: Montgomery Ward Airline Radio
? re: Montgomery Ward Airline Radio [message #25715] Sun, 10 July 2005 15:11 Go to next message
honey is currently offline  honey
Esquire
So my ex gave me this radio instead of child support money...
on the front it says AIRLINE and where the dial is, it says BROADCAST - SHORT WAVE
there's no back and on the inside it says WG&C SERIES 6A27 MONTGOMERY WARD
then on the metal part there's a brown/black switch to BC or SW and underneath it says MADE IN U.S.A. 16A27
and then there's a paper "kinda dirty" says it's a Model No. 93WG-604A
is it worth anything and if so what amount should i expect if i put in on ebay??
appreciate any advice...

Re: ? re: Montgomery Ward Airline Radio [message #25716 is a reply to message #25715] Sun, 10 July 2005 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Radios like these usually have more intrinsic than extrinsic value. I think they're just really cool. If you think about how someone listened to your radio over the years, history unfolded, and now you have it and can listen to todays events, that's neat. And if it is in good shape, it is intersting and attractive looking too. You can make it part of an art deco style room. But generally, unless it is a particular model that is sought after by collectors, the value is less than a couple hundred dollars.

Re: thanks .. got more radios [message #25717 is a reply to message #25716] Sun, 10 July 2005 19:45 Go to previous message
honey is currently offline  honey
Esquire
Hi Wayne..
thanks for your information...
you're right .. it is nice to look at and it sounds like a radio; but, that doesn't feed the kids..
so, i called up my ex and told him what you said.. after a few "religious words"; (since it is Sunday)...
he's going to give me more radios... he said they're all old..
30's, 40's, 50's... some side chair models ...
thanks again.. it helped "light someone's fire" and i'll just have a friend of mine put them on ebay for me...
appreciated your help... can't wait to get more than cheerio's for breakfast.. :o)
honey

Previous Topic: Airline Stereophonic phonograph and am-fm radio console
Next Topic: Airline portable radio Model 94GCB-1064 B
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:10:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers