Home » Audio » Radio » A big THANK YOU to dcrines
A big THANK YOU to dcrines [message #25676] Sun, 10 April 2005 15:53 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Couldn't find a schematic for the GE Radio I'm working on until I found your website. Model E-68.
Wayne well knows the trubble I'm having. I'm a kit builder, not too good w/o a wiring diagram. And I've found mistakes obvious even to me that some ham-fisted joe made since 1937.
I replaced all the caps and plastic wires; the lights have come on but nobody's home. Now at least I can try to follow the schematic.
Kinda fun tho'.
I can't belive what an active Forum this is. Maybe I'm in the wrong branch of audio.

Re: A big THANK YOU to dcrines [message #25679 is a reply to message #25676] Sun, 10 April 2005 20:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I love these old radios too. They're at least as addictive as hifi, so now you've just picked up a new obsession. Welcome!

So the filaments are glowing, but the radio's not making music, ey? Does it make any sound at all? Do you know the condition of your speaker and its field coil? Are the tubes new as well as the caps?

Now that you have a schematic, it will be easier to poke and prod around in there with a meter or scope. You can check B+ to see if the rectifier's output is making it through the field coil onto the tube's anodes. That would probably be my first step, and then I'd trace it from there.

Previous Topic: Ramco Tube Radio -- Anyone heard of one?
Next Topic: airline radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:16:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout