Home » Audio » Radio » Stewart Warner tombstone restoration
Stewart Warner tombstone restoration [message #25668] Tue, 22 March 2005 10:53 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I picked up a Stewart Warner tombstone radio a few years ago. Case was in pretty good shape, but the chassis had been used as a animals' nets for years.

I removed the chassis and cleaned the mouse crap out the best I could. It cleaned up pretty well; however, the air-gap tuning cap is in pretty rough shape. The fins are oxidized but still turn. The Tx still works, but I know the caps need to be replaced before any more testing.

There is no model number that I can find, so if I post a picture and tube compliment could someone help ID and point me to a schematic?

I would like to get this restored just to prove to myself that I can do this. I found a old junk store in the middle of nowhere that has a ton (yeap, stacked floor to ceiling in an old shed) of old tube radios just sitting around waiting to be restored. I'm going back next week and make an offer on the more interesting looking ones......Colin

Re: Stewart Warner tombstone restoration [message #25669 is a reply to message #25668] Tue, 22 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's excellent. It will be worth doing, I assure you. Most times, it isn't a difficult job. Usually just replace the caps and the tubes and you're set. In fact, I usually find at least half the tubes still work, but I almost always buy two sets of replacement tubes for inventory, just so I know I'll be able to keep my old radios running for years to come.

Previous Topic: my wards airline stereo inquiry
Next Topic: philco model 20
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:44:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout