Home » Audio » Radio » Grunow radio
Grunow radio [message #25660] Fri, 25 February 2005 06:41 Go to next message
kjones is currently offline  kjones
Esquire
I have a Grunow tombstone style radio, serial #1789386, but the sign on the chassis that gives the Model number is partly torn away. I think it's a Type 60 or 6-O (that is, sixty or six + letter "O"). The speaker is a type 8C7. A few years ago I had a gentleman replace some of the worn-out tubes with copies made in Russia. At that time it worked pretty well. It has AM and shortwave reception bands. There's a set of screws on the back for attaching an antenna. The only thing missing is the antenna and one of the four wood knobs on the front. Does anyone know about what the model is for this? What kind of wire and length of wire is best for the antenna? Thanks for any information!

Re: Grunow radio [message #25661 is a reply to message #25660] Fri, 25 February 2005 11:30 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Post a photo and maybe someone will be able to identify it. Coil antennas work very well for AM. For shortwave you are better off with a long wire. In general, the longer the better but you can also tune the antenna by length. Multiples of a quarter wavelength generally provide a strong signal, so if you tune by antenna length, you are tuning for a specific band.

Previous Topic: Wards Airline Console Radio - Speaker Cloth
Next Topic: Montgomery Ward: Airline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:30:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout