Home » Audio » Radio » Montgomery Ward Airline model 62-307 or 407
Montgomery Ward Airline model 62-307 or 407 [message #25629] Sat, 15 January 2005 08:26 Go to next message
Dan Bell is currently offline  Dan Bell
Esquire
I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or information about the Airline 62-307 or 407 cir. 1938. I have one that has been in the family forever and remember when I was a kid my dad listening to a station in Ecquador on the shotwave all the time. It is in very good condition. I am having the speaker re-coned and cleaned. It is a console with the tuning eye in the middle at the top. AM/FM and shortwave four knobs. Does anyone own one of these models or have a picture they could send? I would be curious to find out the value. When I get everything back together, I can post a picture. Thanks...Dan

Re: Montgomery Ward Airline model 62-307 or 407 [message #25630 is a reply to message #25629] Sat, 15 January 2005 09:00 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've seen prices listed in books for some radios, and they may be reliable prices but it's hard to say. If you look on eBay, you'll see prices range from $20.00 to $500.00 for radios like these. TransOceanics can be counted on to bring $150-200 in good shape. That's a pretty reliable price. There are probably a lot of other brands and models like that too. But most of the brands and models are really variable in pricing. Catch the right buyer that just falls in love with a particular radio and they'll pay a hundred or two. Give it a few weeks and try again and you might only get nibbles of attention at twenty bucks. As for me, I love these old radios so they're worth a lot to me. If the radio is in good condition, attractive and fully functional, it's worth at least a hundred bucks, maybe more. But that's just me.

Previous Topic: Atwater Kent Model49 Speaker Horn
Next Topic: Montgomery Ward Airline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:50:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout