Home » Audio » Radio » I would like to know the year of making of this GE X340...
I would like to know the year of making of this GE X340... [message #25612] Sat, 11 December 2004 16:30 Go to next message
Jeanette is currently offline  Jeanette
Esquire

Hello there! I have this old GE radio, model X340, wooden case and un round dial, please see pics. I made my homework searching different sites but get no clue about the year of making... Can somebody help me? Thanks a lot in advance and happy holidays!

Re: I would like to know the year of making of this GE X340... [message #25613 is a reply to message #25612] Sat, 11 December 2004 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Looks like it was made in the 50's to me. I'll do some checking to see what I can find and write to you. Does it work well? It sure looks nice!

Re: I would like to know the year of making of this GE X340... [message #25614 is a reply to message #25613] Sat, 25 December 2004 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeanette is currently offline  Jeanette
Esquire
Yes, it does work perfectly. Recently checked by technician, and tuned it up. Still looking for year of making... Thanks in advence for your kind answer and happy holidays!

Re: I would like to know the year of making of this GE X340... [message #25615 is a reply to message #25614] Sat, 01 January 2005 19:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sorry my reply is so late, particularly since I have no real info. I've been meaning to reply and kept forgetting. I looked around in a few books and CDs for your radio, and the bext I can say is it's probably from the 50's. It's so hard to pin down the exact dates sometimes. Hopefully someone that knows exactly will see this thread and respond.

Previous Topic: montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024
Next Topic: old rca wood shortwave
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:40:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout