Home » Audio » Radio » montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024
montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024 [message #25607] Sat, 04 December 2004 10:25 Go to next message
brian is currently offline  brian
Esquire
i recently picked up this vintage console stereo and i want to know more about it but i could not find any info online. any help would be appreciated.

Re: montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024 [message #25608 is a reply to message #25607] Sat, 04 December 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Does it work?

Re: montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024 [message #25610 is a reply to message #25608] Sat, 04 December 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian is currently offline  brian
Esquire
yes it works fine. actually i was pretty blown away at how good it sounds, the tone of this thing is comparable to my component stereo.

Re: montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024 [message #25611 is a reply to message #25610] Sat, 04 December 2004 16:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's really cool. Can you post a picture?

I've found that Montgomery Ward "Airline" brand information is really hard to find. The main reason is that Montgomery Ward branded equipment manufactured by a variety of factories, sometimes even changing things within a model year. I have a couple Airline radios, and one is an old shortwave model that I'm particularly proud of. To obtain a schematic required a good deal of research, and even then, I was pretty much limited to reverse engineering. But they're pretty solid designs, so once they're working, it's pretty much a matter of keeping them clean and dry and replacing tubes and capacitors when needed, which usually isn't for decades. Tubes maybe a little more often, but you'd be surprized how long they last.

Previous Topic: Need schematic -- RCA
Next Topic: I would like to know the year of making of this GE X340...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:13:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio