Home » Audio » Radio » Need schematic -- RCA
Need schematic -- RCA [message #25606] Fri, 03 December 2004 20:39 Go to next message
Mark Williams is currently offline  Mark Williams
Baron
Hi,

Would anyone have a schematic for an RCA Victor model 3-X-521? It's a small table radio supposedly from 1951. Serial no. is U 124327.

It works, but hums fairly loudly. I see one burned resistor but I cannot make out the color code. When I know the value, I'll replace this bad resitor and hope the hum stops. Is it likely to be the fix?

Would appreciate any & all help.

Mark

Re: Need schematic -- RCA [message #25609 is a reply to message #25606] Sat, 04 December 2004 13:55 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You probably need power supply capacitors. Look for capacitors inside the radio with values around 8uF to 20uF. You'll probably find two or three; Replace them with polypropylene 250v caps and the hum will probably go away.

I found a schematic that may be for your radio on Rider volume 14. It has 35Z5, 50L6, 12SA7, 12SK7 and 12SQ7 tubes. That was a very common tube set for RCA radios. I have a couple of chassis like those myself. One of mine was just like yours when I got it - Working but with a lot of hum. I replaced the power supply caps and it was much quieter.

Previous Topic: Hi Wayne
Next Topic: montgomery ward airline mod#GMJ-2024
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:05:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout