Home » Audio » Radio » 1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone"
1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone" [message #25531] Tue, 10 February 2004 19:23 Go to next message
Wendy is currently offline  Wendy
Esquire
I have an old RCA Victor called "Golden Throat Tone" (according to one of the many label on it) Its Walnut and just beautiful, I purchased an old Opera House and it was on the 3rd Floor. It has so many numbers on the tags, I dont know what they all mean. It has the radio with 3 different settings am, etc. It also has a 78 player. Its a cabinet, the player and radio pull out seperately (like drawers). Then there small cabinets on each side with doors (I believe to hold the 78's. There was also a record left on the turntable. The date on it says 1927-1928. My point is.... I can't find any information on this. If anybody could help me I would appreciate it. Thank You.

Re: 1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone" [message #25532 is a reply to message #25531] Wed, 11 February 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Oh, now that sounds like you have a very nice unit. Please post a photo of it. Does it work?

What information are you looking for? Sounds like you've identified it pretty well.

Re: 1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone" [message #25533 is a reply to message #25532] Wed, 11 February 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Hello and Thank You for your Reply. As far as it working? The cord is old and cracking, and Im afraid to plug it in :) But as far as all those tubes and what not, none are broke and all wires seem to be all connected in the right spots. It has a few scratches, small chip in it, but there is no doubt they are fixable. I talked to an elderly women this summer who was a frequent visitor to the building when she was young and she said it was still working just great in the 50's as the town used to hold dances on Saturday Night for the younger people in the building then. I will try to take a picture of it later today and post it as soon as I can. I have tried to research it and can't seem to find anything on it. I would like to have some idea for insurance purposes. Again, Thank You very much for your time. Wendy

Re: 1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone" [message #25534 is a reply to message #25533] Wed, 11 February 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I don't know a resale value, so I hope someone else will chime in. But I am comfortable with restoration and repair, so if there is anything you need help with, let me know. I'd certainly recommend that you have someone replace that power cord and test everything out. If anything isn't working, it can be repaied. It sure feels better knowing everything about your antique is A-OK. And listening to it every now and then is really a joy!

Re: 1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone" [message #25535 is a reply to message #25534] Thu, 12 February 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thank You, I have been trying to find somebody to replace it, I would love to listen to it. I dont plan on selling it, as I feel it belongs to the building, its history. I bought the building to stop it from decaying away. It had been vacant for several years. As I belive in preserving History. Thank Again, I do like you forum, so I will visit often. I think your doing a great job here. Wendy

Re: 1927 RCA Walnut "Golden Throat Tone" [message #25536 is a reply to message #25535] Thu, 12 February 2004 09:27 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm sure you can find a local repair shop that will replace the cord. But if you have any trouble, please write to me 'cause I'd be happy to help out.

Previous Topic: Batteries for TransOceanics
Next Topic: Antique-Radio.com
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:04:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout