Home » Audio » Radio » identify Airline model?
identify Airline model? [message #25527] Tue, 27 January 2004 20:42 Go to next message
Trader Craig is currently offline  Trader Craig
Esquire
Need help ientifying wooden case tube radio....Montgomery wards Airline AM tube radio, SW, and has rcord player in top of wooden case when you lift the lid...WGA and C series 6A43 is stamped on it...Any idea what year? It works...cabinet not bad...Worth restoring? Thanx

Re: identify Airline model? [message #25528 is a reply to message #25527] Tue, 27 January 2004 23:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I have a couple of Montgomery Wards Airline radios, and when I was looking them up found Airlines to be very difficult to pin down. They had so many different models over the years and it seems they had OEM's build for them, so you can have just about any chassis inside. But they are also some of my favorites in my collection.

I don't know if restoring old radios is financially feasable or not, but it sure is nostalgic. It's worth it to me on that basis alone. There are some radios that are worth a lot of money, but even the ones that are only worth about a hundred bucks are sometimes really great. I've put more value in them than that, and sometimes buy all new tubes, capacitors and wire to do a restoration. This can sink two and three times that much money in 'em, but they'll last another fifty years and that's pretty cool, all by itself.

Post a photo of your radio if possible. I'll look through my books and see if it happens to be there. You might also interested in the books and parts at Antique Electronic Supply. If you decide not to restore it and want to sell it instead, you might post a photo in the Swap Meet forum here, and maybe someone else will buy it from you.

Previous Topic: Tube Radio Forum
Next Topic: Batteries for TransOceanics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:28:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout