Home » Audio » Measurement » Anyone here with a working ARTA impedance measurement box ?
Anyone here with a working ARTA impedance measurement box ? [message #25243] Mon, 02 July 2007 13:40 Go to next message
zobsky is currently offline  zobsky
Baron
I'd like to verify resistances between various points of the jig to verify if my ARTA impedance jig is wired correctly.

Even better if you are in the Dallas area.

I can generate the correct response curves (shapewise, impedance peak at correct frequency)but the impedance values themselves are off, despite the correct reference resistor and calibration procedure.

Thanks

Re: Anyone here with a working ARTA impedance measurement box ? [message #25244 is a reply to message #25243] Thu, 05 July 2007 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have impedance jigs for Speaker Workshop and for LMS. I don't use ARTA but it appears to be an MLS system like Speaker Workshop. The test fixture shown below is similar to what I have; Is this what you're trying to make?

Re: Anyone here with a working ARTA impedance measurement box ? [message #25245 is a reply to message #25244] Thu, 05 July 2007 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zobsky is currently offline  zobsky
Baron
Yes Wayne, that's the ARTA jig that I built.

It's been suggested that the floating grounds on the outputs of sonic impact amp that I'm using might be causing the issue. Either that or (I'm guessing) a wiring error. I'm pretty sure it's not the SB Audigy 2 sound card's fault (though I've tried several others).

I've been trying to avoid this, but since the sonic impact was my only small amp, it looks like I'll have to lug out one of the solid state beasts to test out the outputs issue.

Re: Anyone here with a working ARTA impedance measurement box ? [message #25246 is a reply to message #25245] Tue, 10 July 2007 10:59 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would try a different amp. The T amps use a switching technology that may affect test results. If you try a different amp and still get the same results, then check the wiring.

Previous Topic: Frequency Analyzer?
Next Topic: Fun for Audio Testers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:06:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout