Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Bass Traps
Bass Traps [message #25131] Sun, 11 May 2008 23:17 Go to next message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
Hi, I'm interested in drawing up some plans, for my cabinet maker, to build me some bass traps for my living room. I was interested to learn if anyone had some plans or suggestions, web-site info, etc.. that might assist me in designing my traps.

Thanks, Pete

Re: Bass Traps [message #25132 is a reply to message #25131] Mon, 12 May 2008 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I suggest vibrating panels rather than large cavity resonators. You are wanting to absorb energy, to damp room modes. A lossy panel is very effective for this. It's also easy to hide by making them essentially false walls. Look here:

Re: Bass Traps [message #65014 is a reply to message #25131] Tue, 30 November 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XGamer is currently offline  XGamer
Chancellor
How has progress been, Peter? This sounds like an interesting project to take on, but I'd want to make sure it was done right, if you know what I mean.
Re: Bass Traps [message #65023 is a reply to message #25132] Tue, 30 November 2010 15:30 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 12 May 2008 12:37

I suggest vibrating panels rather than large cavity resonators. You are wanting to absorb energy, to damp room modes. A lossy panel is very effective for this. It's also easy to hide by making them essentially false walls. Look here:

Sylvester the cat helps too. Smile

I'm serious. Stuffed animals in your audio room are very beneficial. I used to have hundreds of them when I was a kid. I guess in the back of my mind they were doing something I liked other than looking cute.

Previous Topic: Reflexion Filters
Next Topic: If you have a bad ear...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:03:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout