Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation
Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation [message #25126] Wed, 17 October 2007 09:32 Go to next message
Moderator is currently offline  Moderator
Esquire

This forum is really about room acoustics, treatments, speaker placement and processing. While you are free to discuss other types of equipment here, there are probably better forums to discuss them than this one. Check the speakers forums on ART to discuss speakers, for example. This forum is primarily for discussing things like bass traps and absorbent materials and proper positioning of speakers to get the best sound.

Re: Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation [message #62410 is a reply to message #25126] Mon, 26 April 2010 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
Do you have any suggestions for a room with just one window but also needs to block off extra sound coming from other rooms (like say the living room for example)? I am having an issue with this now more than every since the weather is warm and neighborhood kids are out playing and the such.
Re: Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation [message #62411 is a reply to message #62410] Mon, 26 April 2010 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What is the issue? Are you trying to block sound from outside? Or are you trying to improve sound quality from your home theater and/or stereo system? Or both?

If absorption is needed, can you use foam wedges or would you prefer more domestic things like drapes?

Re: Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation [message #62920 is a reply to message #62411] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
I would like to try and block sound from outside my apartment. I frequently have to talk with clients in the evening and am bombarded (suddenly) by loud groups of party goers entering or exiting my apartment complex.
Re: Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation [message #62924 is a reply to message #62920] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, of course, the best treatments aren't cheap, and probably you wouldn't want to perform them unless you owned your home. But for something that is relatively inexpensive and provides real benefit, try using mover's blankets to absorb some of the sound.
Re: Room acoustics - Treatments and Installation [message #62953 is a reply to message #62924] Sat, 29 May 2010 00:08 Go to previous message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
Thanks Wayne. I think the moving blanket is a good idea as I can't have any permanent solutions as a renter. I would have never guessed there was a web site dedicated to them though.
Previous Topic: I've Got A Problem
Next Topic: studio speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:44:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout