Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » SSS
SSS [message #25044] Thu, 22 September 2005 00:40 Go to next message
Yury is currently offline  Yury
Baron

gday all!
I have an idea, but I'm not sure, am I correct for explanation. look:
problem is "secondary sourse of sound" (SSS)
the main sourse of sound is drivers only. not port, not horn not PR, even not box capacity.
it's secondary. it's virtual, although it's very significant part of loudspeaker, spectrum of these units are not the same as by driver. not the same solidity, sounds like .... imitation, depends of a lot of factors.
I can characterize it unstable, non-persistent parametres.
one way for minimizing it - makes lot of band, multibanded system another way - take somethere driver without environment worked from 20 Hz to 20k Hz. it's impossible yet. any another idea?

Re: SSS [message #25046 is a reply to message #25044] Thu, 22 September 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Some sympathetic vibrations from things outside the box are linear, others nonlinear like cone breakup modes. Sounds from vibrating objects outside the loudspeaker re-radiated into the environment are definitely a problem.

Re: SSS [message #25047 is a reply to message #25046] Fri, 23 September 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury is currently offline  Yury
Baron

actualy I mean port, passive radiator, horn and sealed box effect as "secondary"
I'm sure, they part of pressure isn't the same like real driver.

Re: SSS [message #25048 is a reply to message #25047] Fri, 23 September 2005 10:10 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You might like the post in the Speaker forum called "Pipes, tapered pipes and Helmholtz resonators", because it is a collection of links about this sort of thing.

Previous Topic: Metal wall studs?
Next Topic: Woofer placement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:07:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout