Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Welcome!
Welcome! [message #24988] Sun, 30 November 2003 23:00 Go to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator
Welcome to the Studio Room forum at AudioRoundTable.com! This is where we discuss room treatments and studio room installation and setup issues.

Enjoy!

Re: Welcome! [message #24989 is a reply to message #24988] Tue, 09 December 2003 18:11 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi All;
Thanks for the invitation. I read a post on the pi speaker forum dealing with room effects on sound and I would like to say that utilising some of the ideas presented there really made a change in the sound of my room. Basically the short version is Wayne provided a methodology whereby if you have a crawl space or suspended floor you trace the room nodes from underneath and treat them by strengthening and insulating the joists. I sistered every floor joist with a comparable 2x6 and placed foilfaced r13 acoustic insulation with the foil side down away from the floor between them. The bass is much more coherent and integrated than before. I did this a while ago so I won't repeat the post but you can find it on the pi forum or ask Wayne on this forum. The single best tweak so far! Good luck guys.

Next Topic: I'm looking for Schroeder diffusor formulas.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:26:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio