Home » Audio » General » Earbud or earpad
Re: Earbud or earpad [message #63439 is a reply to message #24959] Mon, 19 July 2010 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
Yes the sound from ear pads may be lower, but that is better for long term ear health. I agree that it is more likely to leak out and disturb others but that fact helps me keep the volume at a sensible level. (Most of the time!)
Re: Earbud or earpad [message #63581 is a reply to message #24959] Fri, 30 July 2010 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

Some earpads are really comfortable to use and sits better, while I've experienced mishaps with earbuds when they decide to slip out of my ear/s at the slightest tug of the wire.

I still prefer earbuds because they cancel out noise from outside and vice versa. Not to mention every track sounds better and clearer with good earbuds. I agree that it's not very healthy for the ears though, but as adults, we should already have that responsibility of taking care of ourselves.

I'm currently using KOSS iphone earbuds and they're pretty cool. The best thing that fit in my ears so far.

The lunatics are in the hall.
Re: Earbud or earpad [message #63674 is a reply to message #24959] Thu, 05 August 2010 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soundman is currently offline  soundman
Chancellor
I prefer earpads. I find that earbuds slip out of my ears too easily and after a while the inside of my ears become sore. Earbuds would be more discrete so you are less liable to be mugged.
Re: Earbud or earpad [message #63794 is a reply to message #63674] Tue, 10 August 2010 18:38 Go to previous message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
Earbuds for me. Nothing like a set of well-fitting earbuds for total immersion in the music you are listening to. Not recommended for use while driving, though. If you have to, use one earbud. Then you can still hear outside noises with your other ear.
Previous Topic: Car stereo
Next Topic: Noise cancelling headphones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 13:43:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout