Home » Audio » General » Wireless headphones and "WAF"
Re: Wireless headphones and "WAF" [message #24810 is a reply to message #24797] Thu, 19 February 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickcr42 is currently offline  rickcr42
Esquire
if mainly for watching TV and for videos you might want to look into the FreeSystems X-Dreams I.R headphones

while the transmission system is infra red they use a patented digital system and this is the very same system Grado Labs chose to use as thier cordless headphone interface (never released though i have seen the protoype)

This digital system eliminates a lot of the noise inherent to most cordless headphones so as long as there is line of sight to the transmitter the signal remains clean

The headphones look a bit strange going by the pictures and look to be heavy but neither is the case . Very comfortable to wear for long periods of time ,unlike some sealed cans that heat up and not THAT bad to look at in the flesh

Sound is not up there with the best if you are looking for the nth degree of resolution and detail but they seem to my ears to be voiced perfectly for DVDs,a little fat and just a touch bright

not edgy bright or boomy but just enough to add some "sizzle" and "oomph" to movie viewing special effects

check them out if you are still looking

reviews :http://www.head-fi.org/reviews/xdream_title_page.html

BTW-I had these in my home for about three weeks for the purpose of doing a review for head-fi but after i sent them back I had a major hard drive failure and lost everything so I decided not to publish from memory (like here)but wanted to do it directly from my notes

it was not to be

also-never did get the usb link to work , the software ,at least then , was very buggy

hope this helps

Re: Wireless headphones and "WAF" [message #24811 is a reply to message #24810] Thu, 19 February 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Great suggestion! Thanks for the input.

I second the Sennheiser RS-65s [message #24813 is a reply to message #24798] Mon, 26 April 2004 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KT is currently offline  KT
Esquire
Well, I have to admit I use these to listen to DVDs and TV more than to music (Sennheiser
600's & AKG k501's on a Berning Micro-ZOTL for this), but the RS-65 are really quite
good. If you need the convenience of wireless, these will give you quality music in a
wireless set. Not as resolving as high-end wired phones, of course, but really musical and
easy on the ears. Comfortable, too.

I really like these phones and highly recommend them.

Best,
KT

Re: I second the Sennheiser RS-65s [message #24814 is a reply to message #24813] Mon, 26 April 2004 22:50 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for your input. I really need to do something about getting a pair of those; It sounds like it would be perfect for me. I was thinking about getting a set of wireless headphones in like December, and here is is end of April and I haven't done anything about it. But it looks like those would be just fine for late night DVD's in the bedroom. Haven't had time for much of that lately, hence the slowness in my action to get a set.

Previous Topic: It's cook-out time!
Next Topic: 96kw 'VALVE' system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 18:37:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout