Home » Audio » Speaker » Re: Curved baffles
Re: Curved baffles [message #24548 is a reply to message #24544] Mon, 02 February 2009 13:57 Go to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Pros: Curved baffles are used so you don't have to power taper an array, to get rid of sound bloom. You can send the same amount of power to each driver, hence a higher powered array.

Cons: Construction, you have to make sure you get the angles just right without destorying the line effect your going after.

Re: Curved baffles [message #24557 is a reply to message #24553] Thu, 05 February 2009 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Straight baffles are the easiest to build, it just depends on the number of, and the size of the drivers on the baffle that will determine if you have to power taper or not. I've usually done this through listening and experimentation just using the baffle board and speakers, just before the final assembly of the array.

Re: Curved baffles [message #24572 is a reply to message #24557] Sun, 15 February 2009 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This is assuming that you want your line array to sound like miniature music, and that you don't want to have the giant sound stage you would have in an actual performance such as a club or a symphony concert.

I built a line array so I WOULD have such a sound stage. If I wanted SUPER miniature music I could have spent the money on a $500 tweeter and a $750 mid range speaker.

marlboro

Re: Curved baffles [message #24575 is a reply to message #24572] Wed, 18 February 2009 23:39 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilk is currently offline  Bill Wassilk
Chancellor
What are you talking about? I get a large sound stage out of both my straight arrays I use at home, and the curved arrays I use for P.A.

Previous Topic: wide baffle line array
Next Topic: Cords for basic speaker? (pic)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 01:01:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio