Home » Audio » Speaker » How to burn-in array speakers
How to burn-in array speakers [message #24516] Wed, 05 November 2008 04:04 Go to next message
mediafreak is currently offline  mediafreak
Esquire
I am building array speakers with the Vifa PLW 14 5,25" woofers. I guess it would be best to burn-in the units before making the filters.

Is it a usable idea just to use a net-transformator (50 or 60Hz.) with a sinus wave, where the units is outside the cabinet (less noise), or should it be white noise?
is it possible to burn the units in outside the cabinet?

Mediafreak

Re: How to burn-in array speakers [message #24517 is a reply to message #24516] Wed, 05 November 2008 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would prefer a little excursion, myself. Not anything close to x-max, but maybe 25% to 50%. A midbass sine wave is easier to cancel acoustically, running even numbers of drivers reverse connected. That way you don't have to hear them, at least not loudly.

Re: How to burn-in array speakers [message #24518 is a reply to message #24517] Fri, 07 November 2008 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks - I will try this one.
mediafreak

Re: How to burn-in array speakers [message #24519 is a reply to message #24516] Sat, 08 November 2008 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm just parroting what I've learned from others about this topic, but it's worthwhile to burn in woofers before measuring them because their TS parameters will change enough with use to effect the speaker's tuning.

Danny Ritchie did some research on this topic, and here's the link to his conclusions.

Re: How to burn-in array speakers [message #24524 is a reply to message #24519] Mon, 10 November 2008 03:53 Go to previous message
Esquire
nice link to Danny - I have already seen it.
I am buying some NEO3 units from him to my LR.
There is a big difference among the units concerning the impact of the burn in (wake up)torture.
Mediafreak

Previous Topic: MTM vs vertical MM and summing?
Next Topic: SEAS Exotic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:00:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout