Home » Audio » Speaker » Fostex/Neo dome crossover paging Marlboro and Thylanter
Fostex/Neo dome crossover paging Marlboro and Thylanter [message #24474] Thu, 21 August 2008 14:01 Go to next message
Marc G is currently offline  Marc G
Chancellor
Before I abort my inexpensive array, I wanted some input on my crossover and what I should be using. Currently I'm using a new Behringer CX Analog 3 way and trying to cross at about 3500hz-4500hz. It just doesn't work very well. I guess that the slopes are fixed and only the levels and cross point are adjustable. Now, I haven't tried running the Fosters full range with the tweeters crossed at 3-4K.
Also Marlboro seems to like his Rane crossover. Is it fundamentally different from the Behringer ? Before I try a different mid arry I would like to get confiramtion that I've tried everything reasonable.

Re: Fostex/Neo dome crossover paging Marlboro and Thylanter [message #24482 is a reply to message #24474] Sat, 23 August 2008 17:41 Go to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Behringer should be better than the rane in snr. Other than that its probably the same.

You don't say what different ranges you've tried to work the crossover in. My response is that no mid range will give you adequate service at 3500. That's tweeter territory. If you want your mids to go up to 2500, they can't be any bigger than 3 inchers. And if you want to use neo's then you will have to limit your mids to no bigger than 3.5 inches or you will have integration problems that are caused by whole sections of the spectrum which are not there. In this case, the space between about 1600 and 3500. The fosters are mini woofers not midranges, and certainly not full range speakers.

Marlboro

Previous Topic: ART array - What might be the effects of narrowing baffle on
Next Topic: ART array - What might be the effects of narrowing baffle on
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 00:50:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers