Home » Audio » Speaker » new array project
new array project [message #23959] Tue, 18 September 2007 00:02 Go to next message
Rick Craig is currently offline  Rick Craig
Viscount
I've purchased the HiVi drivers and will post updates.

Re: new array project [message #23960 is a reply to message #23959] Tue, 18 September 2007 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Will plans for this project be posted anywhere?

Re: new array project [message #23963 is a reply to message #23960] Tue, 18 September 2007 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
In the past I've done that but probably not with this project. If anyone is interested in the prototype drivers and crossovers I'll offer a nice discount.

Sponsored forums [message #23965 is a reply to message #23963] Tue, 18 September 2007 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I see. Well, the problem is you can't post commercial posts here, even with a nice discount. You can discuss technical matters but you cannot announce new product designs here. If someone asks about one of your products, you can reply to their specific questions but you cannot announce or promote commercial products or services. It would be unfair to others with small companies that make speakers like yours.

I have a support forum here, and I can talk about anything I want there. But as for the open forums, I limit myself to discussions about technical matters. For example, I can talk about what happens between multiple sound sources of various sizes at various distances. I can talk about nonlinear driver motion and how distortion is made. I can talk about designs that improve those areas, and thereby promote ideas. Those ideas may very well be the ones I've employed in my speaker designs. But I cannot talk about my speaker designs themselves in the open discussion forums on ART. Only in my sponsored forum, which I use as a company support forum and a sort of a blog.

Open forums are for discussion of ideas. Sponsored forums are more dedicated to a specific manufacturer. They are for commercial announcements, product support and things like that. You can discuss ideas in them too, but they're still more specific to a single designer or company. If you'd like, we can set up a sponsored forum for you here.

Re: Sponsored forums [message #23966 is a reply to message #23965] Tue, 18 September 2007 10:44 Go to previous message
Viscount
Sorry - didn't mean to cross the line. I appreciate your efforts with providing a site like this.

Previous Topic: Multiple subs and reverb?
Next Topic: Small Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:44:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout