Home » Audio » Speaker » Zu tone or Druid or which Omega to match 300B?
Zu tone or Druid or which Omega to match 300B? [message #21749] Wed, 20 December 2006 18:15 Go to next message
luvmusic8 is currently offline  luvmusic8
Esquire
Which single-driver speaker would have best synergy with 8 watt 300B amp for my 11x16x8ft high room? Would it be Zu tone or Druid? or which Omega model may be a better match? I listen to vocals and jazz, and enjoy warm midrange.
Thanks

Re: Zu tone or Druid or which Omega to match 300B? [message #21750 is a reply to message #21749] Thu, 21 December 2006 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I think they'll sound different. The fostex will probably sound a bit smaller & more intimate, with maybe a bit more midrange detail. The Druid will probbaly have a "bigger" sound, with greater efficiency & better bottom end. I say this based on the drivers in them.
You have to decide what you want. If the music you play is big band stye, or has several dynamic peaks, then the druid is better. If the music is more intimate, small jaz ensembles, not too much bass, female vocals, then the Fostex may be better.
Hope this helps!
-akhilesh

Re: Zu Druid or which Omega to match 300B? [message #21756 is a reply to message #21750] Sun, 24 December 2006 16:06 Go to previous message
luvmusic8 is currently offline  luvmusic8
Esquire
I have ordered Druid on 60 day home trial. I listen to jazz, vocals and acoustic instruments, and seek warm lush midrange magic. Which 300B Set amp matched with Druid will have best synergy? or is Fostex driver the only route?

Previous Topic: Need help with a center channel
Next Topic: Your Experiences With Constand Directivety Horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 17:10:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout