Home » Audio » Speaker » Loth x BS 1's
Re: Loth x BS 1's [message #21641 is a reply to message #21640] Sun, 23 July 2006 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good. I was merely offering ideas for you to think about.
BTW, I always start with measuring a speaker. Measurements tell you a lot more than many would think. In the room where you are listening to it.

Speaker designers don't really know what kind of room each listener has.
I think some fine tuning is possible in speaker design (as an art) but the vast majority of it is a science, IMHO.
-akhilesh

Re: Loth x BS 1's [message #21642 is a reply to message #21641] Sun, 23 July 2006 11:07 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Have you looked at the site Clarisonus? It is a web magazine that has as it's members Earl Geddes/John Atwood and many other prominent designers and consultants. They have a current discussion ongoing about loudspeaker design with all those I mentioned and more. It is very interesting.
One of the reasons I mention Spencer Hughes is because the BBC had and has the most current and thorough laboratories for measuring sound available. One of the reasons they consistently are quoted in regards to audio. They are also one of the only serious design groups with access to the BBC Orchestra. They design around pink noise to start; then step outside the booth and listen to it played back by a live orchestra. I think that is why they do classical music better than anyone else in loudspeakers. They were also the first organisation to employ laser interferometers to study driver behaviour.

Previous Topic: Maggie 1.6 Comparison Tomorrow
Next Topic: Ordering Spkr Components in UK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:32:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout