Home » Audio » Speaker » What's Vintage Sound?
Re: What's Vintage Sound? [message #21558 is a reply to message #21539] Sun, 04 June 2006 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Warm tones...smooth midrange.
Relaxed, like a good single malt.
Like the singer/instrument is there.
Not clinical.
-akhilesh

Re: What's Vintage Sound? [message #21560 is a reply to message #21558] Sun, 04 June 2006 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Boy; we are all stepping into this trap...audiospeak. A good single malt; thats darned good! As compared to say; Grey Goose or Jack D? Or Johnny Walker Blue? Ever try that vintage? Little too rich for my taste but I have sampled; 9.00$ a shot.
MaCallams is my fav. And Bushmills. Which I guess isn't a Scotch really.
Ever see how they make it? In those old barns dug in pits under the peat to age? They need a certain peat from a particular location for the fires too.
And they think we are obsessive...
Sorry I broke my own rule of staying on topic.

Re: What's Vintage Sound? [message #21785 is a reply to message #21539] Sat, 03 March 2007 19:27 Go to previous message
Pikelet is currently offline  Pikelet
Esquire
For me, it's the sound of Quad 22/II, Garrand 301, London Decca arm, Goodmans Axiette 8 alnicos left and right and an Axiom 12" center playing Clifford Curzon and the LSO. That's what I was listening to at the age of 8 and I've owned many many different combinations since but never been able to capture the emotional magic provided by that combination. Time has proven that, despite many advances in audio, there were a some companies that knew what they were doing back in the fifties and sixties. Vintage can = exceptional quality, not just nostalgia.

Previous Topic: ?Horn Questions?
Next Topic: Rane, Behringer and the 400 5.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 27 17:38:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout