Home » Audio » Speaker » Folded Horn Bracing
Re: Folded Horn Bracing [message #21479 is a reply to message #21478] Wed, 12 April 2006 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gfederys is currently offline  gfederys
Baron
More good advice. You guy's are alright! Now if I can just get you to sand......

Re: Folded Horn Bracing [message #21480 is a reply to message #21479] Thu, 13 April 2006 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sand would be good too, but it gets kinda heavy. I guess in the little horns it isn't too heavy though. But another good thing about expansion foam in addition to its light weight is that it puts pressure on the panels and preloads them, making them stiff.

Re: Folded Horn Bracing [message #21482 is a reply to message #21480] Tue, 18 April 2006 06:24 Go to previous message
gfederys is currently offline  gfederys
Baron
'Morning All, Well I bought a can of the "Big Gap Filler" on Friday and that night met with some DIY audio people who told me horror stories of the stuff pulling plaster board away from 2 X 4's. I returned it on Saturday and a construction friend of mine gave me a 50 pd bag of silca sand. After hauling THAT around for a day, I decided it was too much weight and returned it to him. Late last night I settled on a can of "Small Gap Filler" guaranteed NOT to bend your window frames. I'm going to try it today after work. I also had a chance to make some bracing for the horn mouth and other spots in the horn that I feel would resonate. Some time this week I hope to find time to glue everything in place. I appreciate evryones suggestions and help. A major catastrophy was avoided through the sharing other people's knowledge and experience. Thanx all.

Previous Topic: Delta Sound Folded Horn PA cabs
Next Topic: Re: Array driver question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:20:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout