Home » Audio » Speaker » Cyburgs Needle with FRS 8
Re: Cyburgs Needle with FRS 8 [message #21025 is a reply to message #21024] Thu, 16 June 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jemraid is currently offline  jemraid
Esquire
Dear Gar,

Thanks for the comment, nice of you to say so, I must say that I get a great deal of satisfaction from these, quart out of a pint pot type speakers.

It was an easy project to complete, now I've finished most of the woodwork I can tidy up my printing room, go back to my etching and listen to nice music whilst I think about my images.

Regards - Jem

Re: Cyburgs Needle with FRS 8 [message #21026 is a reply to message #21021] Thu, 16 June 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nothing wrong with Cheap, Jem. In fact, most of us DIYers tend to be that way!
-akhilesh

Re: Cyburgs Needle with FRS 8 [message #21027 is a reply to message #21026] Thu, 16 June 2005 23:39 Go to previous message
jemraid is currently offline  jemraid
Esquire
Dear akhilesh,

Thanks for the 'nothing wrong with cheap' the FRS 8 drivers I speak of are probably made in their thousands and though they are made to a price there is a specification on the Visaton site. If the drivers were found to be seriously divergant from that the company would soon be out of business.

I also found that listening to the 'Dansette' record player with a penny on the tone arm was fine until I heard a pair of 'proper' HiFi speakers, the improvement was dramatic, but once there with a proper speaker the differences are minimal.

Regards - Jim

Previous Topic: Colinhester: How are your A-7s?
Next Topic: NSB Dayton Neo X-over?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:38:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout