Home » Audio » Speaker » fullrange single driver help please!!
Re: fullrange single driver please help, saved!!!! [message #21052 is a reply to message #21034] Sat, 09 July 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kane is currently offline  Kane
Chancellor
I added the BSC circuit after reccomandation and great help from M.K. It cured the tiring boost in the mid range. My amp(poor Chineese tube)did not handle this to good. I think i lost too much of dynamics and without an ss or bigger amp i desoldered the circuit and broke the drivers in for about 400 hours almost constantly playing. After that the midrange fell to place with the rest of the picture and i even removed all of the damping and stuffing in the compressionchamber(horns). Now my humble setup provides very realistic and dynamic performance. I still have some problems especially when playing loud. This may force me to try the filter again and some damping in the chamber. I then have the chance to try the filter with an vintage mcintosh amp that i have purchased and remove some of the tweaks to start at scratch again.

Re: fullrange single driver please help, saved!!!! [message #21057 is a reply to message #21052] Tue, 12 July 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Espen,
If the midrange is still too loud, then try increasing the resitir value in the BSC circuit a little bit. THat would help!
-akhilesh

Re: fullrange single driver please help, saved!!!! [message #21058 is a reply to message #21057] Tue, 12 July 2005 06:32 Go to previous message
Kane is currently offline  Kane
Chancellor
Thanks Akhilesh, i´m shure this will help me making progress(like all the other times....) and solve my little problem.
Espen

Previous Topic: Axon 8-12 array
Next Topic: Tangband W3-871 fullrange
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:41:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers