Home » Audio » Speaker » Tang Band drivers
Tang Band drivers [message #20338] Thu, 02 September 2004 12:16 Go to next message
Ralph is currently offline  Ralph
Viscount
I just saw some info about Tang Band drivers. They look promising for BR, TQWP and maybe backhorns. Have any of you tried them?
Ralph

Re: Tang Band drivers [message #20339 is a reply to message #20338] Thu, 02 September 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I know they are inexpensive. Are they suitable fort wide range/full-range? or does one need to make a multiway system? I thought they were multi-way system drivers, where a small space is available (liek a car).
thanx
-akhilesh

Re: Tang Band drivers [message #20340 is a reply to message #20338] Thu, 02 September 2004 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
The TB wide band drivers ,especially the 4", offer a very good bang for the buck.Their shortcomings are a low efficency and generally higher Qts. The Qts although may not be a drawback in the correct enclosure. IMHO the 4" drivers have a too high Qts for use in a BLH but would work well in a FLH.
I have build just one set in an old fashioned (pre Martin) TQWT for a friend and the results were more than acceptable.
ron

Re: Tang Band drivers [message #20341 is a reply to message #20340] Fri, 03 September 2004 07:52 Go to previous message
Ralph is currently offline  Ralph
Viscount
I like that. Fostex was mostly on my mind but these TB drivers look interesting.
Thanks,
Ralph

Previous Topic: Line array's
Next Topic: Truncated horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 09 07:20:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers