Home » Audio » Speaker » Anybody here heard Tannoys?
Anybody here heard Tannoys? [message #19920] Fri, 02 April 2004 08:47 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Everyone,
I was reading an older Ed. of Stereophile where Mr. Dudley was raving abiut his friend's Tannoy Westminsters.....closes thing to real music, etc etc. Sterophile recently reviewed a single driver tannoy speaker (with a super tweeter). I was wondering if anyone has heard tannoy single driver speakers. Apparently, they are not true single drivers, but concentric...of course they are very pricey. Stereophile reviews them cos they are English....

opinions about Tannoys & how they compare, anyone?
-akhilesh

Re: Anybody here heard Tannoys? [message #19921 is a reply to message #19920] Fri, 02 April 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Havn't heard any Tannoy drivers but they seem to get mixed reviews, supposedly the older Tannoys are a lot better than some of the ones there producing now. Heard the Tannoy Reds are suppose to be good, but not sure about the Gold series. Just know there high$$$$.

Bill(not much help)W.

PS:Hope to see you at Jim's tommorrow, what are you going to bring? I know it won't be the khorns :^).

Re: Anybody here heard Tannoys? [message #19922 is a reply to message #19921] Fri, 02 April 2004 11:08 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Bill,
YEs, i'll be there! I was thinking of bringing teh Zen amp, and maybe a push-pull el-84 i have lying around if i can fix the input hum by then....
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: What's this GRF Thing?
Next Topic: Magnet structures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 05:32:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers