Home » Audio » Speaker » Consequences of non-optimal throat transition in mid and high frequency horns
Re: Consequences of non-optimal throat transition in mid and high frequency horns [message #19185 is a reply to message #19183] Wed, 21 March 2007 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Krojgaard is currently offline  Peter Krojgaard
Baron
Hi Cuppa Joe,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will consider going all active!

Regards
Peter

Re: LC Peaking [message #19192 is a reply to message #19184] Sat, 07 April 2007 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
So let me ask you a question. This is something that I have been wondering for a long time. Me as an artist, someone who creats music wants to know, when composing a track,beat,song. Do the insrtuments play a huge part in the the collaboration with how speakers work?

Re: LC Peaking [message #19193 is a reply to message #19192] Sun, 08 April 2007 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No, speakers are sound reproducers and should be as accurate as possible. They are to give the illusion that the instruments used are right there in the room with you, not add anything or take anything away. If you want to augment a certain track, instrument or music range, then you can use EQ to do it. But ideally, your speakers are capable of being sonically neutral.

Re: LC Peaking [message #19194 is a reply to message #19193] Sun, 08 April 2007 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
If you play your guitar through a Celestion guitar speaker, sonically optimized for that instrument, it can sound great. However, if you record that guitar sound and play it back through the same speaker, it will sound like ka-ka.

Re: LC Peaking [message #19196 is a reply to message #19194] Wed, 11 April 2007 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Now can you explain to me why that is?

Re: LC Peaking [message #19197 is a reply to message #19196] Wed, 11 April 2007 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
It's related to Wayne's response above. A guitar speaker is made to PRODUCE a characteristic guitar sound. It will have colorations and range limitations which complement the instrument. If you mic the speaker and record your guitar sound, then play it back through some decent studio monitors, they will REPRODUCE your guitar sound accurately. If you playback the recording through your guitar speaker, it will again add its colorations and range limitations. You won't get your original guitar sound, and you're not likely to get something better, either. If you have the gear, this can be a fun experiment.

Re: Consequences of non-optimal throat transition in mid and high frequency horns [message #19201 is a reply to message #19179] Thu, 12 April 2007 18:12 Go to previous message
Master
Can you elaborate on what you mean by an active crossover.

Previous Topic: TANNOY WESTMINSTER for auction, buy or not?
Next Topic: Lycra Horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 07:26:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout