Home » Audio » Speaker » Hi-Efficiency vs Lo-Efficiency Speakers
Re: Hi-Efficiency vs Lo-Efficiency Speakers [message #17351 is a reply to message #17350] Thu, 13 January 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, I guess you're right about the point of that paper being to sell JBL speakers. But I think they've done a good job with them. Their research and development resulted in very good sounding speaker drivers, in my opinion. I was glad when Eminence started making their Magnum series too, they're pretty similar.

Re: Hi-Efficiency vs Lo-Efficiency Speakers [message #17354 is a reply to message #17351] Thu, 13 January 2005 20:29 Go to previous message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
Oh, don't get me wrong. The JBL engineering staff is the best that there is. They were well taught - Harman has bought far more of my books and had more class attendees than any other company. Floyd Toole, Dick Small, Don Keele, etc. are all good friends from a long ways back. Even the current genre of Doug Button and Alex Voishvillo are long time associates. John Eargle I have known the longest. I first met him in about 1978 or there abouts.

Previous Topic: fostex rear loaded horn design
Next Topic: Coral Beta 6 in Ebay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:49:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout