Home » Audio » Speaker » 5-wire speaker system?
5-wire speaker system? [message #15746] Tue, 06 January 2009 23:05 Go to next message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
I found 4 speakers today that used 5 wires. I have searched the web and can barely find reference to these at all, so I don't know if I'm using the wrong name or what. My question is how would I go about hooking these speakers up to a receiver? Do these speakers need their own power source or what? Totally clueless, any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: 5-wire speaker system? [message #15748 is a reply to message #15746] Wed, 07 January 2009 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

How are the wires labeled? Could be bi-wire, two for woofer and two for tweeter. The baskets may be connected to a ground lead.

Re: 5-wire speaker system? [message #15753 is a reply to message #15748] Fri, 09 January 2009 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
It was one large gauge wire, and when i cut it, there were 5 much smaller gauge wires inside (red, orange, yellow, black, white). Any ideas?

Re: 5-wire speaker system? [message #15754 is a reply to message #15753] Sun, 11 January 2009 15:45 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's not enough information to do anything more than guess. You might want to open them up and see what the wires are connected to. If you do that, write back where each wire goes and we'll take it from there.

Previous Topic: Any DIY / Kits for Planner speakers???
Next Topic: will this sound good together
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:05:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout