Home » Audio » Speaker » Just a friendly remind about sound
Just a friendly remind about sound [message #15565] Tue, 11 September 2007 15:09 Go to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
For those of you that like your speakers loud here is a link to remind us all to watch our ears.

http://www.hearnet.com/at_risk/risk_aboutloss.shtml

Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #15572 is a reply to message #15565] Fri, 14 September 2007 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacback is currently offline  sacback
Baron
Yeah i read up on that and even though I found interest in it, I still can't stop from listening to my music loudly. It is addictive as heck.

Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #65460 is a reply to message #15572] Thu, 30 December 2010 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woodfree is currently offline  woodfree
Baron
It's great to be reminded that listening to music at a high-volume level can damage your ears. I used to listen to my music very loud when I was young. But now I realize that I have to take care of my hearing. Don't want to go deaf!

Pretty hard to find a balance though! Some songs need to be loud!
Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #65505 is a reply to message #15565] Sun, 02 January 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I used to crank up the volume on music, though I don't do it so much anymore unless there is a song that I really enjoy. But many times because of the quality of the radio or player, I notice much more distortion if the music is played really loud.
My husband still cranks up the sound, but then he has tinnitus so he is just trying to get it to the point he can hear the music quality.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #65512 is a reply to message #65505] Mon, 03 January 2011 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
Everything in moderation, that's my motto these days! Someone said some music needs to be loud, which is very true. However, for the sake of our hearing and good relations with the neighbors you have to strike a balance.
Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #65524 is a reply to message #15565] Mon, 03 January 2011 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I do try to keep things at a reasonable level and protect my ears. I am really bad about it in the car though; whenever I turn my car on the radio is always blaring.
Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #65530 is a reply to message #65524] Mon, 03 January 2011 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think as long as people don't have a trunk full of subwoofers or tin can tweeters, the loud music maybe protecting your hearing at the right volume in a car, considering the dynamic nature of how ears work. A loud spike in sound or environmental noise are likely to not to injure you ears when they are already "braced" for a loud noises.

Re: Just a friendly remind about sound [message #66426 is a reply to message #65530] Tue, 01 March 2011 18:46 Go to previous message
PopcornAlley is currently offline  PopcornAlley
Chancellor
Thats an interesting point about bracing your ears and how it can actually protect your hearing. Im guilty also of playing music loud while in the car. Was always kind of concerned since I regained my hearing but was legally deaf as a child.
Previous Topic: Old speaker or amp that's creating noise?
Next Topic: TV Speakers Stink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:21:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout