Home » Audio » Source » Sony CD won't play in older Aiwa stereo
Sony CD won't play in older Aiwa stereo [message #14464] Sat, 08 March 2008 21:44 Go to next message
maren is currently offline  maren
Esquire
I recently bought the Once soundtrack on CD. It played just fine in my computer, but when I tried it in my stereo, the unit wouldn't even recognize that there was a CD in there. Since the stereo is an older model (Aiwa CX-NA202, at least 10 years old), I'm wondering if this has something to do with Sony's notoriously strict copy protection on their CDs--maybe the CD won't play in the absence of some component that wasn't commonly put in stereos when mine was made? All my other CDs play in the stereo, but I don't have any other Sony CDs so I can't test my theory.

I haven't found anything about this on either the Aiwa or Sony websites, except that Once definitely is not one of the CDs with that copy protection software that was causing problems on people's computers. Anyone know if the CD might still be blocked from playing in older stereos? And if so, is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Re: Sony CD won't play in older Aiwa stereo [message #14465 is a reply to message #14464] Mon, 10 March 2008 18:26 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are several ways CD's are written, several standard formats, and not everyone adheres to them very well. So there's a chance that your player just doesn't recognize the format your CD was written in.

Previous Topic: GX-95 Qs
Next Topic: digital radio vs analog radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:49:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout