Home » Audio » Source » which CD player to buy
which CD player to buy [message #14462] Fri, 04 January 2008 07:13 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
looking at an upgrade to a new CD player from a 3 year old Rotel-- these things are all over the place as to $$$--- where is the sweet spot--- something nice and not making a huge investment? I looked into Shanling tubed players Anyone got some insight here? JD

Re: which CD player to buy [message #14463 is a reply to message #14462] Fri, 04 January 2008 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I was in the same situation a few years ago. I wanted to upgrade, but didn't want to make a huge financial investment. I would up with a ShengYa S-10. I upgraded the tube and that seemed to make a bit of improvement. It's been a very nice player.

Link is for the upgraded version of what I have and is also where I purchased mine.....C

which player to upgrade from the Rotel [message #14473 is a reply to message #14463] Fri, 16 January 2009 16:50 Go to previous message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
tweaking my cd player its a rotel 1072 ($600) and morrow audio has a mod for $250 which can be A/B to hear the improvements---I am tempted from time to time to buy a used Meridian or Sony on Audiogon to hear what a $2-3K player would sound like --my non audio nut friends think this is dumb--as they say "wake up! Its digital a $150 Phillips is the same signal as my $ 600 player there is no diff!" Jim

Previous Topic: Hears local radio station using turntable
Next Topic: sparton 78 rpm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:00:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout