Home » Audio » Source » AAC conversion problem
AAC conversion problem [message #14404] Thu, 06 September 2007 02:40 Go to next message
amoebios is currently offline  amoebios
Esquire
i have an AAC file and it plays normally in WinAmp, but i can't edit it and conversion tools don't work either.

Re: AAC conversion problem [message #14405 is a reply to message #14404] Thu, 06 September 2007 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've noticed Apple files sometimes have copy protection. Sounds like that's what you're up against.

Re: AAC conversion problem [message #14407 is a reply to message #14405] Thu, 06 September 2007 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
not sure....

my friend just started a job at a radio station and i recorded her first report from the station's web stream with Streamripper ( http://streamripper.sourceforge.net ) on Win XP, but there's too much junk in the file, because i didn't know when it would start exactly. So i opened the file in Audacity to cut it, but it got scrambled. It's way too short and it sounds like it got speeded up.
But it plays fine in the player.

This is silly! I could simply record it with the microphone.

Re: AAC conversion problem [message #14408 is a reply to message #14407] Fri, 07 September 2007 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I see. I thought you might have been up against Apple copy protection. Sounds like your open source program is a bit buggy.

Re: AAC conversion problem [message #14409 is a reply to message #14408] Sat, 08 September 2007 03:15 Go to previous message
Esquire
Solved.

SUPER converter did the job. The file got stretched this time, but that wasn't a problem.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Previous Topic: Questions/Help
Next Topic: Old Cd players never die
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:51:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers