Home » Audio » Source » Legally download music to burn to CDs?
Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #14402] Tue, 19 June 2007 16:02 Go to next message
cassiem0221 is currently offline  cassiem0221
Esquire
I have been told many times that downloading music for free is illegal. Is this true? I would like to burn some cds but don't want to pay tons for music downloads.

Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #14403 is a reply to message #14402] Tue, 19 June 2007 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Yes of course it is illegal but it doesnt stop people from doing it though. You don't own the rights to distribute or burn copies of products that aren't yours. So there for you can get in trouble.

Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #14406 is a reply to message #14403] Thu, 06 September 2007 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gilipsie is currently offline  Gilipsie
Viscount
Actually, some artists do allow you to download their music for free. It all depends on what you are looking for and what type of music you listen to. Let me know what you are into and I will see if I know of any sites where you could get your music for free.

Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #14410 is a reply to message #14402] Mon, 10 September 2007 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
Funny! there is a simple answer to this question. It's your decision. I can tell you why you should download free music but it doesn't mean that you are actually going to listen. Why should you when you continue to run into software that brings you the music free with just a simple download. You can take these types of risks if you wish but just know that the penalty can be huge If choosen to be caught. You don't have the rights, copyright Infringement is a huge crime, in the eyes of the recording company. Don't get me wrong, I could care less about downloading a couple of songs here and there because the recording companies have done nothing but steal from the artist etc. But if they pick you to get nasty with, they could have you bankrupted through three generations.It's really all about moral standards and the respect for music. If you have that respect for music then you will buy most of your music. Artists work hard to make good music for you to listen to.

Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #14445 is a reply to message #14406] Wed, 26 September 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacback is currently offline  sacback
Baron
Heck I want to know where you can get free music from because I don't know of any true sites that allow you to download music for free without any problems. Unless it is illegal.

Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #62560 is a reply to message #14445] Sat, 08 May 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
If you google 'free music downloads legally' you will find several websites that allow you to download music free and also claim to do it legally. Whether or not their claims are true, you will have to decide that for yourself.
Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #62672 is a reply to message #14402] Fri, 14 May 2010 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
I wouldn't chance it because it's not worth it. You can download songs or albums at many different paid sites legally. I mean you can't go to the store and get groceries for free or you wouldn't go to work for free right? So why should the artists offer their music for free?
Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #63053 is a reply to message #62672] Thu, 03 June 2010 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
There are many options that give you cheap music downloads so I don't see the point in chancing it. Without the costs of pressing discs, really they SHOULD be able to sell cheaper-especially if they cut out the middle man.
Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #63651 is a reply to message #14402] Wed, 04 August 2010 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soundman is currently offline  soundman
Chancellor
Yes it is illegal to do so.

I believe some paid download services will allow you to transfer tracks to any medium of your choice.
Re: Legally download music to burn to CDs? [message #63653 is a reply to message #14402] Wed, 04 August 2010 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
When I am on MySpace I see lots of offers from artists to download their music for no cost. Fair enough they may not be famous but one day they might be and if you like the sound then why not?
Previous Topic: Ground loop isolaters
Next Topic: Recording Music from Cassette Tapes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:04:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout