Home » Audio » Source » Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner
Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14079] Mon, 16 February 2004 15:59 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hi Everyone!
I just upgraded my digital source to a museaetx melior CDD transport & the Museatex melior bitstream DAC.
NICE.
VERY smooth & musical....now i know what fatigue is (or used to be). My mid fi sources (like a NAD c541i player) while good, were not even close when it comes to fatigue...ths one is SOOOOOO smooth, relaxing, detailed stagey. I am REALLY GLAD I upgraded. Anyone else here have any experience with these babies...i'd love to exchange info!
-akhilesh

Re: Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14081 is a reply to message #14079] Thu, 19 February 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I need to come over and check that out. When I bring your Trusonic driver back over, I'll plan to stay for a song or three. Whatcha doing this weekend? Any time for a quick visit?

Re: Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14082 is a reply to message #14081] Fri, 20 February 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good Wayne! Look forward to it. HOw about Sat at 2 or 3 pm?

Re: Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14083 is a reply to message #14082] Fri, 20 February 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sounds great. It's a plan - I'll see you then.

Re: Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14207 is a reply to message #14083] Tue, 15 March 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hikosuke yorihiro is currently offline  hikosuke yorihiro
Esquire
I LIKE TO BUT emm lABS cdsd AND dcc2. wHERE TO BUY THAT?.pls TELL ME.

Where to buy Museatex [message #14208 is a reply to message #14207] Wed, 16 March 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I see it once ina way on www.audiogon.com
good luck!
-akhilesh

Re: Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14209 is a reply to message #14079] Tue, 29 March 2005 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.joe is currently offline  dr.joe
Chancellor
Akhilesh,

I've been using Museatex/Meitner components for about six years (though I've been an audio enthusiast for three decades).

The Bidat DAC is fetching higher prices than ever these days, especially if already "updated" by the former Museatex service manager, John Wright (www.museatex.com).

The Melior DAC is a step down, but still very good.

At present I use a Meitner PA6+ preamp and two different Museatex Meitner power amps; all have been rebuilt by John Wright.

I have not yet auditioned components that I like better, and I include those up to $5K.

The STR-55 and MTR-101 mono blocs are astonishingly good amps. They're even better when updated, but you don't need to. They're not fussy about preamps, though they really shine with a PA6, PA6i or PA6+.

Museatex (Meitner and Melior) components are out there, often on Audiogon, as another poster has pointed out. Bidats are beyond my price range right now. People are asking two and three thousand US$, though I don't know what they['re actually getting.

The CDD drive is affordable, but the Bitstream DAC seems to be rising in price, probably following the Bidat. The Idat-44 is also more expensive than it used to be. But you never know where and when you find a deal. Coincidentally or not, most of the components that have remained in my system were purchased locally, or at least within the country.

But I drone on. . .

Happy listening!

Joel.

Re: Just upgraded my source to older hi-fi: Museatex By Ed Meitner [message #14210 is a reply to message #14209] Wed, 30 March 2005 07:49 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Joel,
I agree. I have a bidat (upgraded by John Wright with the $500 upgrade) that is probably worht $3500 in the market today. I love its sound. I also have an (as yet unmodded) bistream. I use the CDD with them.
Don;t think i could get a better source if i spent all the money in the world.
thanks
-akihlesh

Previous Topic: Sony PS-LX250H Turntable, Auto mechanism problem
Next Topic: What turntable should i get?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 06:16:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio