Home » Audio » Source » I found a new source for cassettes
I found a new source for cassettes [message #13979] Thu, 18 October 2007 12:07 Go to next message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
There is a Japanese dollar store called Daiso here in San Jose. They carry Sony and TDK cassettes that are assembled in SE Asia, but the tape is made in Japan. They make good recordings--at least the CRO2 ones do.

Re: I found a new source for cassettes [message #13985 is a reply to message #13979] Wed, 07 November 2007 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kent Fisher is currently offline  Kent Fisher
Esquire
Hi Dan,

Sony and TDK are/were the best brands, IMO. Are these the same tapes that were sold back in the day, or are you saying they're something else rebranded as Sony and TDK?

Thanks,

Kent

Re: I found a new source for cassettes [message #13986 is a reply to message #13985] Wed, 07 November 2007 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
These are sony and tdk tapes made for sale in japan. The writing is not in English on them. However, the tape is made in Japan, but the shell is assembled in Thailand.

Re: I found a new source for cassettes [message #13987 is a reply to message #13986] Thu, 08 November 2007 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kent Fisher is currently offline  Kent Fisher
Esquire
Hi Dan,

Do you know where to get Maxell CrO2 or Metal tape? They made the best metal tape, IMO.

Thanks,

Kent

Re: I found a new source for cassettes [message #13988 is a reply to message #13987] Thu, 08 November 2007 11:28 Go to previous message
Viscount
I wish I did Kent. Unfortunately I've been buying mine from Epay. I haven't bought any for a while as I probably have as many as I will ever need--or at least I say that now.

Previous Topic: Oh Boy! Fedex coming today
Next Topic: harmon kardon T-40
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:09:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout