Home » Audio » Source » Anyone have Kenwood KW-8077 or TT-50 RTR Service Manual?
Re: Anyone have Kenwood KW-8077 or TT-50 RTR Service Manual? [message #13976 is a reply to message #13903] Mon, 15 October 2007 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
I found this site that offfer manuals for a small fee though. It woiuld be wise to have a hard copy. This is my suggestion anyways.

http://www.agtannenbaum.com/k_cat.html#KENWOOD

Re: Anyone have Kenwood KW-8077 or TT-50 RTR Service Manual? [message #14010 is a reply to message #13905] Tue, 27 May 2008 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron
Well excuse me for bumping up this year old message. I just stumbled across this while searching the net for something.

So anyway....

"You mean Rick Stout... Yeah when Mr. Bible thumpin' StereoManuals.com doesn't have it, he comes to ME!

The point is I don't have this one, so no he doesn't have it either.

-Steven"

Steven, just exactly what is your problem or your point in making a post like this. Do you have some reason to be pissed off at me or do you just hate me without cause?

Bible thumpin'?? Where? Certainly not to you. There is a bible verse and an out-of-the-way link at the very bottom of the pages on our site to some additinal pages. There are no main menu links to that section. You know, if that is personally offensive to you, then the thing for you to do would be to either never visit our site, or never scroll to the bottom of any page.

If StereoManuals doesn't have it we come to you?????

In a pig's eye. You bought 3 manuals from me 7 years ago, one of which was a Pioneer RT-909 service manual. Almost immediately afterward, RT-909 service manuals were available for sale on your site as I recall... AND for $10 more each than we charged you.

You want the readers of this forum to believe that if you don't have a manual, then I don't because I get my stuff from you???? GIVE ME A BREAK! I have tens and tens of thousands of manuals. I have more than 3000 Kenwood manuals, around 12,000 Pioneer manuals, more than 15,000 Sony manuals, etc. etc. etc.

Have I ever purchased a single item from you? Well it is possible, but I doubt it. At least I have no record of it.

So unless I'm really missing something here, the whole attitude behind you making a remark like you did (what I'm replying to), is something you can stick in a dark place as far as I'm concerned. How do you like them apples?

P.S. Hi Wayne. Nice forum you have here. I've (believe it or not) been meaning to contact you for quite a long time but have been extraordinarily busy the past few years with many things including elderly parent problems. Maybe I'll get to that soon.

Rick Stout,

Re: Anyone have Kenwood KW-8077 or TT-50 RTR Service Manual? [message #14011 is a reply to message #14010] Wed, 28 May 2008 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slbender is currently offline  slbender
Chancellor

Gee, SO SENSITIVE!!! Goooo Figure...

I can recall at LEAST two times you ordered a really rare manual from me Mr. Rick Stout. Which ones? I don't have ANY idea as I don't keep such detailed records as you. I've only got about 225 Technical Manuals taking up waaaay too much space in my bedroom. And I make these rare Techie Books available PURELY AS A COURTESY - not a business. Furthermore, only about 30 of those 225 (now actually 227) are copied and made up, ready and waiting, mostly Dynaco preamps and amps, as well as later Akai Reel to Reel Service Manuals, other than that, its the long bus ride to and from the high resolution buck-bustin' 11" x 17" / double sided copy machines of KINKO's out in the next county.

So it is both a costly, and time-consuming trek for me to travel and to stand there for a while, or longer, making up a single copy of an ancient and out-of-print manual. And that being in those few, and far, and rare instances where I happen to have something that no-one else happens to have. Which typically happens only once or twice a month, sometimes waaaay less often than that.

So my costs come out to over fifteen cents a page, paid out to the NYC. transportation system and the Federal Express Company which owns KINKO's. OTOH, Mr. Stout probably owns his own facility, his Printer/Copier, and his warehouse, where his 30,000 plus Pioneer, Sony, and Kenwood manuals and either electronic storage or infinite stacks of originals and copies for a hundred+ other brands reside. So his 50,000+ or 75,000+ manuals get cranked out at costs of under one-cent per page, exclusive of Capital overhead costs.

And yes sir, I did buy the RT-909 SM from you, you are correct. The RT-909 Service Manual ~70 pages in length if my memory serves, including the 2 Service Bulletins I have (but if I recall correctly Mr. Stout, you stated you had 4 or 5 ADDITIONAL RT-909 Service Bulletins that you were sending to me - BUT - YOU - NEVER - DID for the past 7 years). And maybe I was pissed off about that for some time, my own RT-909 has a problem I've been unable to solve for several years and maybe the answer lies in those MISSING Factory Service Bulletins.

Anyway, SO YEAH, if I make up an RT-909 Service Manual its gonna cost me fifteen times as much to do it Mr. Stout, my price being $10. higher reflected my costs to do so -- plain and simple.

BTW - Now I do have both the Kenwood KW-8077 Owners Manual and Service Manuals, and the KW-8077 Schematic; but a computer failure back in April, 2007 left me without the ability to either update or add them to my list of Audio and Technical Manuals web page. My web-pages mostly haven't been updated for several years.

So "In A Pigs Eye" my one grin and cutesy, kitchy (sp) comment, that actually gave you more name recognition and advertising than you'll ever give to me - Google "bible" and "service manual" - I bet your site or name comes up, but not mine... now suddenly I'm the Darth Vedar (complete with a dark place to stick things, as you specifically stated)!!!

As for my attitude, I think your bible related link or links are your most distinctive, or should I say an "outstanding" point, so in my typical fashion - I POINTED THAT OUT. (Yeah, and I thought slightly funny way without trying to be offensive!). Well it seems I didn't quite pull THAT off... maybe what with Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable guy on T.V. and the funny guys with the dirty ditsy Country songs... we now equate White Trash, Country Music, Rodney Carrington, Gospel Rock Groups, and Bible Thumping Evangelicals in the same subdirectory, or, maybe that's just me...

Still, lets face it - since you brought it up, in over a year no-one else has chimed in with full guns a-blazin' to LAMBASTE ME for it.

So I guess Stout - Your attitude is now open to question, I'm rarely if ever your "competition". Really. IF this post of yours is a valid display of your Christian ethic, I think you need a refresher course.

Sorry Rick, seems I can't please everyone.

-Steven L. Bender, Designer of Vintage Audio Equipment

Quoting Stout:

So anyway....

"You mean Rick Stout... Yeah when Mr. Bible thumpin' StereoManuals.com doesn't have it, he comes to ME!

The point is I don't have this one, so no he doesn't have it either.

-Steven"

Steven, just exactly what is your problem or your point in making a post like this. Do you have some reason to be pissed off at me or do you just hate me without cause?

Bible thumpin'?? Where? Certainly not to you. There is a bible verse and an out-of-the-way link at the very bottom of the pages on our site to some additinal pages. There are no main menu links to that section. You know, if that is personally offensive to you, then the thing for you to do would be to either never visit our site, or never scroll to the bottom of any page.

If StereoManuals doesn't have it we come to you?????

In a pig's eye. You bought 3 manuals from me 7 years ago, one of which was a Pioneer RT-909 service manual. Almost immediately afterward, RT-909 service manuals were available for sale on your site as I recall... AND for $10 more each than we charged you.

You want the readers of this forum to believe that if you don't have a manual, then I don't because I get my stuff from you???? GIVE ME A BREAK! I have tens and tens of thousands of manuals. I have more than 3000 Kenwood manuals, around 12,000 Pioneer manuals, more than 15,000 Sony manuals, etc. etc. etc.

Have I ever purchased a single item from you? Well it is possible, but I doubt it. At least I have no record of it.

So unless I'm really missing something here, the whole attitude behind you making a remark like you did (what I'm replying to), is something you can stick in a dark place as far as I'm concerned. How do you like them apples?

End Quote

Re: Anyone have Kenwood KW-8077 or TT-50 RTR Service Manual? [message #14013 is a reply to message #14011] Mon, 09 June 2008 15:54 Go to previous message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron
Steven,

I was expecting a more reasonable reply, not further slime slinging. I do not have the time to enter into a point by point debate, but I'll reply with this.

As I said, I found your original 2-line message by accident. I don't care if nobody responded to it previously. I found your short message to be insulting, mean and certainly not truthful. Why in the world you would post a drive-by bomb-throwing message like that is beyond me, unless as I mentioned, you are simply pissed off and wish to impun me and/or harm me in the minds of whomever might happen by this part of the net.

Your... "Gee, SO SENSITIVE!!! Gooo Figure"

A convenient crap remark! That is precisely the condesending type of remarks made by the typical self-important types when they have said something stupid and get challenged on it. Try to flip the thing over onto the person who challenged their stupid remarks instead of apologising or explaining their reasons for making such remarks. Those two short lines you posted a year ago says volumes more about you than anything I said in my reply.

Franky Steven, I know very little about you, but I think your previous reply stinks and shows an elistist type attitude that some intelligent folks like to show toward or about those they think are less mentally endowed or toward those whom express some belief system different than their own.

If it makes you feel comfortable thinking of me as some southern, stupid, bible-thumin', white trash person, help yourself. Humor yourself and feel superior. Put all your faith and trust in your own intelligence if you wish. I choose to acknowledge there is a spiritual element to mankind. There is precioius little bible thumping of any kind on my site. You try to pigeon-hole me into your own belief system while you know nothing of what I really believe. The truth is that you would probably be shocked at the variety and diversity of my belief system and world view.

Regardless, the bottom line is that I dont give a hoot about how smart you may be or think you are. You may have an IQ point or two on me, I doubt it, but don't really care. Even if, it matters much more how one uses their intelligence than the quantity of it. In the paraphrased words of the sentinel in one of the Indy movies... you used yours poorly.

As I said previously, I have never purchased any manuals from you regardless of your memory. It's possible I may have inquired about something when you bought a couple things, but that's as far as it went. Those 33 pages of RT-909 tech bulletins where not part of the manual and were not included in it's description. I vaguely remember having some interaction about them with you. But, if after all these years, I never got back to you about them, ya know, you COULD HAVE written back and reminded me instead of just hanging out there being pissed off.

At that time, I was receiving over a hundred emails per day asking for stuff when I didn't even know what I had. All I knew was that I had acquired way more than I could possibly catalog without thousands of hours of effort. I was often working 30-40 hours non-stop before collapsing for a few hours sleep. I tried and tried to keep up and be honorable with as many as I could. But there were THOUSANDS of emails that I simply never could get to. In fact, there are still about 5000 emails from those days that are still archived for an eventual reply/apology.

All you can do is all you can do. I did all I could do and it wasn't enough. And apparently not getting a pdf of some tech bulletins to you put me on your shit list. Way to go. What a kind, and wonderfully compassionate human being your are.

Previous Topic: Sound quality - platter speed
Next Topic: Technics Direct Drive Automatic drop broken!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:43:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio