Home » Audio » Source » Question about Transferring Old Cassettes
Question about Transferring Old Cassettes [message #13891] Tue, 14 November 2006 12:41 Go to next message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
I need to transfer some very old family cassette tapes to CD. Easy job? Terribly difficult? Impossible?

Re: Question about Transferring Old Cassettes [message #13892 is a reply to message #13891] Sun, 19 November 2006 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can easily transfer audio tapes to CD as wav files. Just connect your sound card input to your stereo preamp output and record them with the Windows Sound Recorder. Copy the files onto a CD.

Re: Question about Transferring Old Cassettes [message #13898 is a reply to message #13892] Tue, 13 February 2007 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
We all know audio recorded directly on CD is far superior than the one recorded on cassette tape. Would it be better just to buy a new CD that correspond to the content of the old cassette tape? Let's say if your old cassette tape has Neil Young as an artist, would it be better if you just buy a new Neil Young CD? That way, I think things would be simpler and avoid problem issues that may ensue. Just my two cents.

Re: Question about Transferring Old Cassettes [message #13899 is a reply to message #13898] Tue, 13 February 2007 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would agree with you. But if the contents aren't available on CD then maybe one might want to transfer a tape to disk.

Re: Question about Transferring Old Cassettes [message #13916 is a reply to message #13891] Fri, 13 April 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I don't think that I have evr heard of you being able to do so unless you have an adat player which I don't even think that they play regular tapes. But if it does then it may be possible to do so.

Re: Question about Transferring Old Cassettes [message #13934 is a reply to message #13899] Tue, 08 May 2007 14:19 Go to previous message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Yeah that may actually be better than trying to put something from a tape on to a cd.

Previous Topic: How to replace a platter?
Next Topic: Recording From Turntable To Computer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:19:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout