Home » Audio » Source » Cassette ramblings...
Re: Cassette ramblings... [message #13818 is a reply to message #13817] Fri, 10 December 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, I never liked auto-reverse either. Too much to go wrong, and usually difficult to maintain alignment. I don't recall the Onkyo's model number, but I sure liked it. Denon made great gear, so I can imagine your deck must have been really nice. I think cassette tapes were pretty length-accurate, so you could depend on the counter on good brands.

Re: Cassette ramblings... [message #13819 is a reply to message #13818] Fri, 10 December 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
True but then you had to transcribe the counter digits to real time. With this feature I would add all the times of the songs leaving out the last one. Then after they were all recorded whatever time was left I would find a song that fit exactly into that spot. No more 2 minute exit silence.

Re: Cassette ramblings... [message #13820 is a reply to message #13819] Sat, 11 December 2004 18:22 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, when I said counter I really didn't mean to make a distinction whether the readout was in seconds or reel rotations. I just meant that it seemed like better tapes were made with very consistent lengths. Some cheaper tapes weren't as consistent, but the better ones seemed to be the same length from tape to tape.

I know what you mean about the 2 minute exit silence. It was always important to me too, to fill the tape as nearly completely as I could.

Previous Topic: Transistors/ cross referencing
Next Topic: Denon 3910 availability?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 03:09:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout