Home » Audio » Source » How can I adjust the tone arm so it does not miss the edge of the record?
Re: How can I adjust the tone arm so it does not miss the edge of the record? [message #13775 is a reply to message #13774] Wed, 08 April 2009 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david is currently offline  david
Chancellor
It's like you're speaking a foreign language. I don't know a stop from a cam or a sensor, and I don't see any mention of these things in the 440M manual. I will try Garrard501.com. Didn't know there was such a place. Thanks.

Re: How can I adjust the tone arm so it does not miss the edge of the record? [message #13780 is a reply to message #13754] Sat, 09 May 2009 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
The problem is finally solved. I sprayed some WD-40 and pushed and prodded some levers in the turntable support bracket assembly and pickup bracket assembly and after much fine adjustment of the pickup lowering adjustment screw, the tone arm finally falls where it's supposed to on both 33 1/3 and 45 rpm records. Thanks for all your help.

Re: How can I adjust the tone arm so it does not miss the edge of the record? [message #13781 is a reply to message #13775] Sat, 09 May 2009 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
The problem is finally solved. I sprayed some WD-40 and pushed and prodded some levers in the turntable support bracket assembly and pickup bracket assembly and after much fine adjustment of the pickup lowering adjustment screw, the tone arm finally falls where it's supposed to on both 33 1/3 and 45 rpm records. Thanks for all your help.

Re: How can I adjust the tone arm so it does not miss the edge of the record? [message #13782 is a reply to message #13781] Sat, 09 May 2009 12:24 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's great news!

How does it sound?

Previous Topic: Denon DP-37F
Next Topic: Need help w/ Pioneer PL-L70
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:27:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio