Home » Audio » Source » Turntable doesn't spin at right speed. Help!
Turntable doesn't spin at right speed. Help! [message #13735] Tue, 16 December 2008 13:41 Go to next message
Katrina is currently offline  Katrina
Esquire
Hi,
I'm 20 years old and I just started collected Vinyl. I decided to buy a used turntable from ebay because I wanted to see how interested I got in vinyl before I spend a lot of money on a good turntable. I am a beginner in every aspect so I bought a 300t classroom tutorette by audiotronics that is all transistor and figured as I got more advanced I'd go from there. It's the kind that is portable with the speakers all in one. When I first got the it it worked fine. Definitely perfect for a beginner. However one night when I went to listen to some records it stopped spinning. I took it apart to see what could be wrong and then all of a sudden it started spinning again. Now however when I go to listen to a record it doesn't always spin at the right speed. I have to listen to a 33's at 45 rpms but sometimes even it'll be too slow and then some days it'll work just fine. I know its a cheap turntable so I figured I'd have some problems and I want to try and fix it myself but I have no idea what could be the problem. I'm not too familiar with electronic lingo so if someone could help me in the simplest way that would be amazing.

Re: Turntable doesn't spin at right speed. Help! [message #13736 is a reply to message #13735] Wed, 17 December 2008 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like a bad motor. Probably have to take it in to the shop.

Re: Turntable doesn't spin at right speed. Help! [message #13771 is a reply to message #13736] Sat, 04 April 2009 13:44 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do you have the settings on the Turntable set correctly? When turntables don't spin at the right speed it's a bad motor

Previous Topic: Can anyone help me out
Next Topic: Garrard 42 Turntable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:00:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout